Well it's a good thing I am not afraid of shots anymore.
Today I had a Dr's appointment to get my shots. I have had insurance through Torrance Unified, since I was a contracted Long Term Teacher this past semester,and it does not "run out" till the end of the month. So I thought I would call the insurance and see if just by chance they covered travel shots, since they can be pretty pricey and not necessary while living in the States. I didn't think that they would cover them.
However, after calling twice, just to make sure, they told me that my insurance covers 100% of all vaccinations, travel ones included.
SCORE ONE FOR KELLY!!
So I made an appointment, and today was my day. $25 got me Yellow Fever (and the clearance card that is needed to enter into Africa), Typhoid, and a Polio Booster. Yellow Fever and Typhoid both went into my right arm and Polio went into my left arm. Yellow Fever and Polio did not hurt a bit, Typhoid on the other hand had a stinging after effect. After each of the shots the nurse had to search for a place to put the band-aid, since I don't really bleed.
Tonight both of my arms are a bit sore. We will see how they feel in the morning. But its worth it, these few shots put me just that much closer to getting to Africa, for a trip of a lifetime. I can not wait to see what God has in store for Amy and I.
~Kelly
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.